.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

That local clay!

I should be throwing saleable items but instead I'm sieving clay - pretty basic sieving process! I did make things easier making a slurry and sieving through a small 60 mesh sieve so that might be a better throwing body - time will tell.
The dogs love the lemon grass - have to grow it outside the fence as they won't leave it alone if its within their boundary but where there's a will there's a way. That brown tail belongs to one of their next door friends - yes we now have a gate in the new fence between us so the two brown dogs can visit the two black dogs with ease and they, too, like the lemon grass, and they all love clay.....
I just had to show what these two little hands made. The small jug was to be a goblet but little fingers created the perfect pourer and the bowl was made with Nona's help - he loves to 'poh' as he says and today the red clay was the attraction. I can see lots more 'pohing' coming up.



Environmental influences surface so much in my work so I couldn't resist adding some images. I marvel at these beautiful jellyfish left high and dry with the tides with their dotted patterning and delicate edges and of course the sunsets are always full of the most incredible colours.

1 comment:

Linda Starr said...

strange the dogs like lemon grass, the little one is a great potter, love the influence of nature in your glazes.